Re: System Requirement - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Saranya Sivakumar
Subject Re: System Requirement
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

Thanks for the advice on increasing RAM and switching to AMD processors.

To tell more about our DB: Our DB is transaction intensive. Interaction to the DB is through a web based application. Typically at any instant there are over 100 users using the application and we have customers  worldwide. The DB size is 10.89 GB with 250+ tables.
Also, regarding upgrading to 8.0, it is better to first upgrade to 7.4 (from 7.3.2--current version on production) and then upgrade to 8.0. Am I right?

Thanks,

Saranya