Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That said, personally I think people are vastly overestimating the work
> needed to just stick a WYSIWYG editor into the current framework and be
> done with it. I know I did one of these for work a couple of weeks back,
> and it took me *2 hours*. I looked into using it straight up for the
> postgresql site, but I got stuck on the HTML validation stuff.

'k, I think that *overall* this is our biggest issue ... Dave was
proposing "lets move techdocs and then worry about the WYSIWYG editor",
which, a large portion of us disagree with ... the WYSIWYG editor needs to
be in place *before* moving techdocs, so that the migration isn't on just
a couple of ppls shoulders ...

Now, if you can throw together something in a couple of hours, that
satisfies everyone's concerns ... ?

Now, you mention that your code is in C#, which isn't really a big issue,
as there are at least two FreeBSD based C# compilers that I know of:

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3A1C93FA-7462-47D0-8E56-8DD34C6292F0&displaylang=en

Either of which can be installed ... just say the word ...

I don't necessarily agree that we need a big, full blown CMS for this,
which is why some have suggested Gavin's Framewerk stuff, since it didn't
throw a bunch of bells and whistles in ...

----