Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> Using an existing CMS (which, every time anyone
> investigated them in the past we found were not suitable for one reason
> or another)

You, Robert and Alexey found them deficient.  I'm not sure everyone else
agreed.  Further, this is TechDocs we're talking about ... and we'd *always*
talked about using a CMS for it.  Lack of accessability is what has killed
the old TechDocs.   How many submissions have there been to TechDocs in the
last year?  Maybe 4?

> Besides, the guts of a CMS are not that difficult to build - we don't
> need any of the complex features most offer, except a simple markup
> language. I can say that with confidence having written most of a simple
> custom CMS at work over the last 2 weeks.

Well, count me out then.   Maybe I'll open up powerpostgresql.com so that
others can have an *easy-to-use* place to contribute articles ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions