Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> I've gotta assume you're either sleeping from the travelling you've been
> doing, or didn't read what I wrote. I said we don't need anything but
> HTML initially. *We* will be porting data from techdocs for some time
> into any new system long before we will be ready to even let end users
> see it. There is no need to build a complex interface to begin with for
> that purpose.

Hmm, no, I think I understood you.    Particularly since you said as well:
"We don't want end users directly adding content anyway."

If the new Techdocs is and easy-to-use WYSWYG CMS, then *other people* can
help port the existing Techdocs content.   If it's another raw-HTML site,
then you and Robert are stuck doing it all.  You and Robert do a
spectacular job, but if I were in your shoes I'd be looking for ways to
broaden the maintenance/content generation effort.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions