Re: OSCON and pg_live - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: OSCON and pg_live
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On June 8, 2005 02:39 pm, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Robert Bernier wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I've been talking to Massimiliano Stucchi who is the maintainer of
> > FreeSBIE, the BSD live CD, http://www.freesbie.org/, and about porting my
> > work to his distro in time for OSCON. The BSD community intends to make a
> > first time appearance at the convention and I think porting the postgres
> > live-cd over to a live-bsd distro will go a long way for everybody. In
> > the mean time the latest version of pg_live is available on the SRA site
> > at http://sraapowergres.com/en/downloads/pg_live.1.3.3-SRAA.iso.torrent ,
> > via bit-torrent.
>
> Seriously, no disrespect to BSD people but how will moving the live CD
> to BSD be a benifit to anyone greator than the Linux version?

I haven't abandonned the live original pg_live linux based distro. At the same time if there's anything I've learned in
lifeis that you should always take the opportunity to build bridges when you can.

FYI I'm a Linux user and not a BSD person but I do hang around with a number of them and I find my connections are
usefull,profitable and sometimes even just plain fun.

cheers

Robert