Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus,

> That seems like a good way to do it - if we even get translations. A lot
> of work was put into putting a translation infrastructure for the
> webpage in place, but AFAIK not a single page (except the FAQs which
> aren't in the actual website) has been translated.

Well, there's a couple reasons for that:
1) there's no documentation that I know of which explains how to translate
the site.  Nor has any attempt been make to recruit translators.

2) the translation infrastructure is very much organized around generating
all new content in English and then pushing it off to the other languages
to translate, not letting them generate their own content.  This means
that, for example, postgresql.org.br would need to translate our site
*and* maintain their own.  Which they're unlikely to do.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions