Re: The Contrib Roundup (long) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter,

> I think this is out of the question both because these categories are fuzzy
> and it would destroy the CVS history.  It might be equally effective to
> organize the README file along these lines.

Ach, I forgot about this lovely property of CVS.  Well, scratch that proposal.
SVN is looking better and better ...

> Packagers should simply build all contrib items.  No extra options are
> needed.

Hmmm, when an RPM builds a contrib item, where does the .sql file go?  How
does an RPM user actually add the functions/datatypes/etc to their database?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions