Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

Building the site in PHP is also okay. Do you know when this is going to de
discussed in the pg team regarding the future of my proposal?

Regards,
Gevik.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-www-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-www-owner@postgresql.org]
On Behalf Of Dave Page
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:20 AM
To: Gevik babakhani; pgsql-www@postgresql.org
Cc: Robert Treat
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

Hi,

If you want to eventually replace techdocs (which is something that
needs to be done at some point), then you should use PHP as that is what
we use on the PostgreSQL webservers (currently PHP4 though). ASP.NET is
not really an option, not only because it's a whole new environment to
install and maintain, but also because I wouldn't be surprised if the
only people in this group that are experienced in C# (which I assume you
would use) or .NET are Magnus and myself (and presumably you).

Regards, Dave

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq