Re: strategies for optimizing read on rather large tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From hubert lubaczewski
Subject Re: strategies for optimizing read on rather large tables
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 07:17:17PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Without reading too hard, I suggest having a quick look at contrib/ltree
> module in the PostgreSQL distribution.  It may or may not help you.

acr_cache doesn't care about trees. and - since i have acr_cache - i
dont have to worry about trees when selecting from acr_cache.

ltree - is known to me. yet i decided not to use it to have the ability
to move to another database engines without rewriting something that is
havily used.

depesz

Attachment