BUG #1690: Problem with COPY command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ralph Moser
Subject BUG #1690: Problem with COPY command
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1690
Logged by:          Ralph Moser
Email address:      ralph.moser@aon.at
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.2
Operating system:   Windows XP Pro / Linux
Details:

Hi!

If i dump a SQL_ASCII database and then try to restore it i get the
following message:

pg_restore: ERROR:  extra data after last expected column
KONTEXT:  COPY settings, line 50: "menuemsg    Hauptmenü
nemno    Nein, zurück ins Hauptmenü
nemyes    Ja, einen Schritt zurück"
pg_restore: [Archivierer (DB)] Fehler in PQendcopy

But if i choose the "With insert commands" option the error doesn't occour.
I think this is an error in the COPY command. It interprets an umlaut as a
field seperator.
My problem is that i can't backup OIDs if i use my workaround.

Yours sincerly
Ralph Moser