Re: Escape handling in COPY, strings, psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Escape handling in COPY, strings, psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I thought about that, but adding additional escape letters isn't our
> problem --- it is the escape mechanism itself that is the issue.

In a random-encoding environment, the option to specify byte values
directly -- at any level -- is of limited value anyway and is a
potential source of errors.  So let's stay away from that.

I did not find the original posts that your quotations came from, but it
has to be considered that COPY is also subject to encoding processing.
Overall, I find this proposal to be a dangerous option.

--
Peter Eisentraut