Re: psql backslash consistency - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: psql backslash consistency
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:58:05PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 03:45, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > Could we have a way to turn this off?  At least for functions and
> > > operators?  For my usage, at least, this will be a serious step
> > > backwards in usefulness.
>
> Do you have an implementation in mind? I'm having trouble coming up with
> a way to do it cleanly.

How about a psql config option?  It should default to show only
non-system objects, as that is the most generally useful behavior.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.