Re: pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 16 May 2005 14:07, Tom Lane wrote:
> > This could in a sense be as simple as
> > prioritising the TODO list.

> But the TODO list could certainly be made more informative without
> getting into that swamp.

We need to prune the TODO list to make it more useful.  This will be hard,
this is true, but if a pruning discussion for each item on the list is held
then the real interest in the item would stick out like a sore thumb.  It's
just too big and not really hierarchical.

Are we too close to freeze and beta on 8.1 to have this sort of discussion?
It doesn't need to be discussed close to a beta cycle, IMO, or it could
easily turn into the huge distraction Tom speaks of.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology