Re: [Fwd: Re: SQL99 Hierarchical queries] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: SQL99 Hierarchical queries]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 04:44:57PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Looks like hierarchical queries are now officially stalled :(
>
> Anyone want to take this up for 8.1?

Sergei and Jason,

Feel like taking SQL:1999 WITH RECURSIVE?  It would be a giant help to
the PostgreSQL community. :)

http://gppl.moonbone.ru/index.shtml

has part of it, and

http://candle.pha.pa.us/mhonarc/patches2/msg00175.html

has others.

There's also MERGE, which is covered starting on page 47 of
http://wiscorp.com/sql/SQL2003Features.pdf

also pp 839-845 of 5WD-02-Foundation-2003-09.pdf which is part of
this:
http://wiscorp.com/sql/sql_2003_standard.zip

and an overview here:
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/73.php

Cheers,

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 07:01:50PM -0700, Sergey Ten wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We would like to contribute to the Postgresql community by implementing
> the following items from the TODO list
> (http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php):
> . Allow COPY to understand \x as a hex byte . Allow COPY to optionally
> include column headings in the first line . Add XML output to COPY
>
> The changes are straightforward and include implementation of the
> features as well as modification of the regression tests and documentation.
>
> Before sending a diff file with the changes, we would like to know if
> these features have been already implemented.
>
> Best regards,
> Jason Lucas and Sergey Ten
> SourceLabs
>
> Dependable Open Source Systems

phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!