Re: PGSQL Capacity - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: PGSQL Capacity
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:22:40PM +0200, bouchia.nazha@free.fr wrote:
> How can i know a capacity of a pg database ?
> How many records my table can have ?
> I saw in a message that someone have 50 000 records it's possible in a table ?
> (My table have 8 string field (length 32 car)).
> Thanks for your response.

You can have several million records in a table easily -- I've done 10
million personally, but you can find people doing that many records a _day_.
Hitting 1 billion records should probably not be impossible either -- it all
depends on your hardware, and perhaps more importantly, what kind of queries
you're running against it. 50000 is absolutely no problem at all.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/