Re: [HACKERS] Invalid unicode in COPY problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Invalid unicode in COPY problem
Date
List pgsql-general
>   Is there a way to store the name in raw binary? If so, would this not
> be safe because to postgresql it should no longer matter what data is or
> represents, right? Maybe there is a third option I am not yet concidering?
In the backup rename the file and add another file
 <file-name-with-invalids-set-to-?>.README
which explains the issue, details the steps taken (eg
renaming) and offers some sort of raw binary value of the
original file name.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346