Re: pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> No that is public presentation of the project not project development.
>>

>> I don't see that people are going to be able to participate in development
>> if they don't use the mailing lists.
>
> I am not arguing that but public mailing lists are no place to track status
> of sub projects or tasks. They are for discussion.

first off, there is really no reason why a 'PostgreSQL Server' project
can't be created on pgFoundry for the express purpose of this sort of
thing, with pointers to where the real work is happening ...

but ... who is going to maintain it?  if developers aren't willing to deal
with a formal bug tracking system, I can't see how a 'web based project
tracking system' is ever going to get updated, unless somehow maintaining
of that ties in with the Weekly News that David/Elein/etc have been
producing ... ?

But, if that is the case, then why not just archive the Weekly News on the
main web site and provide a link/sub-page expressly for that?

----