Re: Views, views, views! (long) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:29:34PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> I was starting to think this... like this should be a project on foundry
> called "enhanced system views" that would be fairly database version
> independant and people could install into any databases they needed them in.

The pgFoundry project started as a means for those of us working on this
to coordinate our efforts and has grown somewhat from that. The original
intention was to make this part of initdb, and support older versions
through the pgFoundry project.