Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 03:25:45PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, if there are no disagreements ... I can't see there being much we need
> to do to "get started" ... I don't need a "fully working and buildable
> package" to do the initial module load in CVS, so I think its pretty safe
> to say "anyone that has an "external PL" that they wish to have as a
> module (not integrated with the core distribution, only on the core CVS
> server), please send me a tar file of what they wish to have imported, and
> I can get that done.  Once that is done, I can work up the mk-snapshot
> script to build 'snapshot distributions' of the various modules as well

Huh, so you would install a snapshot and lose all previous history?

Bob [Floyd] used to say that he was planning to get a Ph.D. by the "green
stamp method," namely by saving envelopes addressed to him as 'Dr. Floyd'.
After collecting 500 such letters, he mused, a university somewhere in
Arizona would probably grant him a degree.              (Don Knuth)