Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> This is not to say that we might not want to adjust our
>>> distribution setup so that it's easier for people to find 'em ---
>>> that is, we could put JDBC/ODBC tarballs on the main ftp servers.
>>> But I don't see the need for any coupling inside CVS.
>>
>> Hrmmm, that  would be a bit more difficult,
>
> No, it just needs someone with write access to the FTP server tree to
> copy the files there once in a while, which is trivial to do.  (All the
> relevant people already have that access.)

'k, I think we're talking about two different things right now .. both
jdbc and odbc *are* on the main ftp servers right now ... or, rather,
should be if ppl uploaded their distributions to their project file
sections:

ftp> pwd
257 "/pub/projects/gborg/pgjdbc" is current directory.

ftp> pwd
257 "/pub/projects/gborg/psqlodbc" is current directory.

gets updated hourly ...

----