Re: pg_locks needs a facelift

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: pg_locks needs a facelift
Date: ,
List: pgsql-hackers

Tree view

pg_locks needs a facelift  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: pg_locks needs a facelift  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: pg_locks needs a facelift  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: pg_locks needs a facelift  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: pg_locks needs a facelift  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: pg_locks needs a facelift  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: pg_locks needs a facelift  ("Jim C. Nasby", )

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 04:34:50PM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> Yep.  Actually, the biggest part of this was figuring out what to do
> about the pg_locks view.  Since that's basically decided, all that
> remains is to decide what if anything to do about the
> max_locks_per_transaction GUC variable.  User locks at the very least
> are extra-transactional so this could perhaps be renamed.  This could
> possibly hinge on how Alvaro's 'spill to disk' scenario plays out.

Oh, I don't plan to work on locking issues anymore for now.  Basically I
wanted spill to disk only to serve the tuple locking, but since we solve
that in a different way, I pretty much abandoned that idea.

"Por suerte hoy explotó el califont porque si no me habría muertode aburrido"  (Papelucho)