Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
pgman wrote:
> > If you don't do that, then yes I can see why it would feel as if
> > the proposer was at a loss once someone like Tom writes his opinion.
> >
> > However Tom isn't the final word, he just happens to have a lot of
> > weight as anyone within the project of good standing who donates as much
> > as he does would.
> >
> > Everything within the community is pretty much done as a vote and there
> > are things that core really has nothing to do with (like pgFoundry).
>
> Right, the point is that Tom has weight because he is Tom and people
> value his opinion, not because he is core.

It seems that though discerning observers agree with the above
statement, the perception of new people is that Tom has weight _mostly_
because he is in core.

So, how do we fix this?  Do we boot Tom out of core so people can see he
has the same impact?  That seems pointless.

(Funny, no one says I have too much power.  I will have to look into how
to get some someday.)  :-)

Pennsylvania19073