Re: Returning a RECORD, not SETOF RECORD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Returning a RECORD, not SETOF RECORD
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:47:45PM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> >What version of PostgreSQL are you using
>
> The latest and greatest from CVS.

Which branch?  HEAD?  REL8_0_STABLE?

> Wouldn't it make sense to be able to define a record in the projection
> part of a query, similar to what I was attempting with my SELECT? Has
> this been discussed or is it just considered as not very useful?

Sounds reasonable to me, but if it's currently possible then I
haven't yet figured out how to do it.  I can't remember if it's
been discussed before or not.  If nobody answers here then you
might try pgsql-hackers.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/