Re: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Roland Giesler
Subject Re: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger
Date
List pgsql-novice

> In this context $libdir means whatever directory was
> configured as the location of dynamically loadable modules.
> You can find that out from
>     pg_config --pkglibdir
> There should be a file named something like plpgsql.so in
> that directory (possibly a different extension depending on
> what platform you are on).
> If not, you don't have a complete Postgres installation ...
> maybe you omitted some RPMs?
>
>             regards, tom lane

The problem was that I did not install the package that contains plpgsql.
(On Mandrake this seems to be a separate package, I'm not quite sure what
happens on other distros.)  Strange that there was not note in the FAQ or
README about this.

"urpmi postgresql-pl" did the trick

Thanks

Roland