Re: timezone() with timeofday() converts the wrong direction? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: timezone() with timeofday() converts the wrong direction?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 05:21:41PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > As far as I know, it's not possible to get output like the following
> > from the same query if the data type is timestamp with time zone:
> >
> > 2005-04-21 15:00:00-07
> > 2005-04-21 22:00:00+00
>
> Doesn't "at time zone" do what you need ?

Not as far as I can tell, because if the result is timestamp with
time zone then it's rotated to the local time zone for display.  If
you can post a counterexample then I'd be happy to stand corrected.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/