Re: TODO: read-only tables, select from indexes only. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: TODO: read-only tables, select from indexes only.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu,

> 1) possibility to explicitly change table status to READ-ONLY .
>
> 2) setting a flag CAN_OMIT_HEAP_CHECK after REINDEX TABLE for tables
> that are READ-ONLY
>
> 3) changing postgres planner/executor to make use of this flag, by not
> going to heap for tuples on tables where CAN_OMIT_HEAP_CHECK is true.

As soneone who appears to be all about data warehousing these days, let me
speak in favor of this idea.    And say that you're welcome to submit it to
the Bizgres distribution so we can test it out ....

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions