Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Date
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> >>Your work with PostgreSQL (AFAIK) wouldn't run into the problem. People
> >>like Berkus, myself, EnterpriseDB, Greenplumn, SRA (Yes I know they
> >>employ you), PgSQL, Inc., are who are going to run into the problem.
> >>
> >>All due respect but perhaps it is worth considering the issue as a total
> >>community versus just how it affects you.
> >

> > Yea, I have been at this for nine years because I look at all issues
> > only from my perspective.  Do you honestly believe that?
>
> Normally no, but your comment was :
>
> but it is not an overriding issue in my work with PostgreSQL.

I mean the community.  It is hard to get everyone to agree even to just
your "News" text.  Trying to get agreement on a permanent text and that
is should be permanent is harder, and as you said, it is of more concern
to PostgreSQL companies than the community, and the companies should
deal with the political issue as they see best.

If you want to try for a vote, go ahead.  I don't have the time.