Re: Pgsql config file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Uwe C. Schroeder
Subject Re: Pgsql config file
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 18 April 2005 12:16, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> On Monday 18 April 2005 21:07, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> > Thank you for posting to a better list for these questions.  Check
> > your postgresql.conf file and make sure it's accepting TCP/IP
> > connections on the IP you're looking for.  If you look in your PGDATA
> > directory you should find the config file, and if you open it and
> > read it, it's well commented so you should be able to find the
> > settting you need to tweak.
>
> There's one thing I've been wondering about: Why isn't the postgresql
> config file in /etc, with all the rest?

Because it would make multiple installs of different postgres versions
hard/impossible to do. You'd also have file access problems since postgres
doesn't run as root. It's also nicely "everything in one spot"

    UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425        San Bruno, CA 94066