Re: pgfoundry is very slow ! - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: pgfoundry is very slow !
Date
Re: pgfoundry is very slow !  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
List pgsql-www

I don't know what it is about pgfoundry ... the server loadavg is load,
and looking at vmstat 5 for CPU usage, idle time is high ... and, I have
eacellerator setup with a 8 Meg of shared memory cache, and no disk
caching happening, and its only using half of that ...

if someone can suggest something else I can look at, please let me know
and I'll happily look at it ...

Oleg, GForge rip'd out the ability to easily set a seperate 'images'
server from the code, so I've *tried* to use Apache's Rewrite rules to
spread it over two seperate physical machines, but from what I can tell,
even with the Rewrite, it still hits the first server before reading from
the second ... if there is a better way I can do this, please feel free to
point it out to me and I can try that also ...

----