Re: clear function cache (WAS: SQL function inlining) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Enrico Weigelt
Subject Re: clear function cache (WAS: SQL function inlining)
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
>
> > * Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:

> > > What cache?  There is no caching of function results.
> >
> > Not ? So what's immutable for ?
>
> For knowing that you can do things like use it in a functional index and
> I think for things like constant folding in a prepared plan.

So when can I expect the function to be reevaluated ?
Next query ? Next session ? Random time ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481