Re: Problem in order by - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Problem in order by
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, [iso-8859-1] Reuly Bússolo Mendes wrote:

> The command's return
> teste=# show LC_COLLATE;
> ERROR:  Option 'lc_collate' is not recognized

Darn, that must have been added after 7.3.x.  If you have pg_controldata,
I think you can use pg_controldata <path to data directory>. I don't
remember enough about 7.3 at this point to know for certain.

> I remade the process of yesterday (dropdb and move directory) and added in
> initdb the option --lc_collate=C without taking off -- locale=C, executed
> but it does not appear in postgresql.conf and the problem continues.

You are doing that with the server stopped, correct?