Re: Problems recovering sequences from a backup done with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Problems recovering sequences from a backup done with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:18:34AM -0100, David Sáez Palacios wrote:

> I've done a dump from a PostgreSQL 7.4.5 using pg_dump and it worked find.
> The problem comes when I restore the backup and all the sequences values are
> 1. I can fix the problem manually giving the sequeces their appropiate value
> but I wonder wether is a way to force pg_dump to store this information.

I just did some simple tests with 7.4.7 and sequence values were
restored.  What commands are you running?  Could you provide a
complete test case that demonstrates the problem?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/