Re: prepared statements don't log arguments? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:14:19PM +1000, Neil Conway wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >I think he has a really excellent point.  It should log the parameters
> >as well.
>
> neilc=# prepare foo(int, int) as select $1 + $2;
> PREPARE
> neilc=# execute foo(5, 10);
> neilc=# execute foo(15, 20);
>
> % tail /usr/local/pgsql/postmaster.log
> LOG:  statement: prepare foo(int, int) as select $1 + $2;
> LOG:  statement: execute foo(5, 10);
> LOG:  statement: execute foo(15, 20);

Yeah, but I think he mentioned JDBC which (I think) uses the low-level
protocol and probably doesn't log the parameters as well (I notice that
his example has INSERT as the query, not PREPARE nor EXECUTE.)

"I call it GNU/Linux. Except the GNU/ is silent." (Ben Reiter)