Re: How to speed up word count in tsearch2? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: How to speed up word count in tsearch2?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yudie,

> (It is the 2nd posting, maybe the 1st one didn't goes thru)
> I've tested several keyword count from 2 millions record book
> description table that indexed with tseach2 indexing.
> The result is always slow for first query attempt.

Yes, this is because your tsearch2 index is getting pushed out of RAM.   When
the index is cached it's very, very fast but takes a long time to get loaded
from disk.

You need to look at what else is using RAM on that machine.  And maybe buy
more.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus