Re: Patch for database locale settings - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Patch for database locale settings
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:16:42PM +0400, Alexey Slynko wrote:

> this patch allow to use database locale settings. It remove cluster locale
> settings, and append LCCTYPE and
> LCCOLLATE items to  CREATE DATABASE syntax.
>
> Any considerations ?

The problem with this is what happens to indexes on shared relations.
If you change the collation, they are no longer valid.  And you can't
just reindex them, because then they would no longer be valid for other
databases.

Maybe it would work if we forced indexes on shared relations to be
scanned using a fixed collation.

Not sure about the ctype part ...

"Los románticos son seres que mueren de deseos de vida"