Re: Import Database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Import Database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:31:45PM -0600, root wrote:

> I have a postgres 7.2.2 database, without the DB_VERSION file, so I'm assuming
> this is an "alternate location" - as you can tell, I'm not a DBA.  Anyway,
> the machine it was on got hacked, and I backed off the things I thought were
> important, reinstalled the OS and put the other things, including this DB,
> back into place.  Problem: I don't have the /var/lib/pgsql part of my old
> installation,

Exactly what did you back up?  What are the contents of the directory
you are trying to "attach" ?

If you didn't backup a pg_clog directory, you are pretty much hosed, I
think.

"On the other flipper, one wrong move and we're Fatal Exceptions"
(T.U.X.: Term Unit X  - http://www.thelinuxreview.com/TUX/)