Re: generating statistics - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: generating statistics
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 06:27:43PM +0000, vinita bansal wrote:
> > Did you uncomment the settings in addition to setting them to true?
> > Did you restart the database after making the configuration changes?
>
> Yes, I did.
> FYI- I am using Postgres 8

Have you used SHOW to verify that the variables are indeed set?  As
Tom Lane suggested, if you're on a *nix system, did you use "ps"
to see if the stats buffer process and stats collector process are
running?  (I'm not sure how to check that if you're on Windows.)
Have you looked for errors in the postmaster logs?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/