Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Best practices: Handling Daylight-saving time
Date
List pgsql-general
> > This would be news to me.  I don't think it's possible to *not* have a
> > timezone set on a session.  The server will have a default timezone
> > based either on the local (server) system time or the setting of the
> > timezone variable in postgresql.conf.  Additionally, libpq
> > applications will, I believe, issue a "set timezone" during initial
> > connection setup.
>
> This is certainly the default behavior--I don't know whether there are
> settings to change it. All I know is that I regularly work with a database
> located in a different time zone, and displayed times are adjusted to my
> local time.
That surely works. The question was whether there was a
built-in way to recover the time zone of the client inserting
the data.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346