Postgres stored proc that extracts data from Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James
Subject Postgres stored proc that extracts data from Oracle
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

I am a beginning PL/pgSQL and PL/SQL developer and I
have a question. I need to create a procedure in
postgres that  would compare data between a table in
Postgres and a table in Oracle. Let's put it like
this, I have a list of projects in a table in PG and
the properties of those projects can be found in a
table in an Oracle DB. I need to create a procedure
that gets a list of all projects with a certain
status. A list of project ID's must be fetched from
postgres and the status of each project ID is in
Oracle.

Do you guys have thoughts on how to implement this? I
am not expecting an easy solution but I wish to get
started asap. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

James