Re: [Auth] "ident" method and LDAP user accounts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject Re: [Auth] "ident" method and LDAP user accounts
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 02:16:29PM -0500,
 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote
 a message of 8 lines which said:

> > It is of course very inconvenient to duplicate my LDAP database into
> > pg_ident.conf. Is there a better way?
>
> Perhaps you can find a PAM plugin that talks to LDAP, and configure
> Postgres to use that.

It already exists (I tried it) but it does not suit my needs since it
asks for the password (and I'm already logged in, I don't want to type
a password again).

The real issue is "Why PostgreSQL does not use getpwuid when
getsockopt with SO_PEERCREED returns a numeric UID?" This would give
to PostgreSQL the real and correct user name :-(