BUG #1509: odbc driver - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From rafal
Subject BUG #1509: odbc driver
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1509
Logged by:          rafal
Email address:      ozzzy@go2.pl
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   windows 2003 server
Details:

I have had installed version 7.3 of PostgreSQL server and I was working with
ODBC driver v.7.3.2.0. The database cluster was initialized by default with
C_LOCALE but I was storing in it localized data (polish). After installing
v.8.0.1 of PostgreSQL server ODBC driver psqlodbc.dll was replaced with new
one - v.8.0.0.4. My application automatically started using it and
polish-localized data was changed while passing the way from server to the
program through the odbc driver. I have manualy installed old ODBC driver
(with new name) and it's again working just fine, but I think it isn't
normal situation.