Configuration for my server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Marcin Giedz
Subject Configuration for my server
Date
Re: Configuration for my server  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello...

Here is my server hardware configuration: 2x Xeon 1MB Cache 3GHZ + 4GB RAM
basicly it one of Intel Server SR2400 configuration ;) with two Seagate discs
146GB 15k connected with RAID1. I have installed PSQL ver. 8.0 and try to
find best configuration. Nowadys we have about 300 clients connected to mysql
server (we plan to switch to postgresql) but in the future there will be even
1 thousand clients. Can anyone please help me what should I change in
postgresql.conf to achieve very good performance ;)

Thx
Marcin