Re: Get rid of system attributes in pg_attribute? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Get rid of system attributes in pg_attribute?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 19 February 2005 12:17, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Would those columns remain selectable for debugging/maintenance
> > purposes, despite not appearing in system catalogs?
>
> Certainly.  They just wouldn't have entries in pg_attribute.

If I am understanding this correctly, they could only be displayed if selected
explicitly right?  So any program that attempts to show all "hidden" columns
by just doing a "where attnum < 1" is going to break, correct?

--
Robert Treat