Re: PGSQL 8.0.1 Win 2K Installation Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From S.D.
Subject Re: PGSQL 8.0.1 Win 2K Installation Problem
Date
Re: PGSQL 8.0.1 Win 2K Installation Problem
Re: PGSQL 8.0.1 Win 2K Installation Problem
List pgsql-general
I downloaded the PostGreSQL Windows installer from another FTP site but I still ended up with the same arcane error
messagewhen I tried to install PostGreSQL 8.0.1 on W2K running inside Virtual PC 6 (Macintosh).

I then ran the installer on a "real" computer (Athlon 1900 running W2K) and the installation went as advertised.

So I've got to believe that there is some bug that results from the interaction of the PostGreSQL installer and the
chipset emulated by Virtual PC 6. If I'm the first person to attempt to install PostGreSQL 8.0.1 in that environment,
thenI guess this is a bug report. :-)

Thanks!

Scott

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.