Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Russell Smith
Subject Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around
Date
Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 04:10 am, Tom Lane wrote:
> pgsql@mohawksoft.com writes:
> > In fact, I think it is so bad, that I think we need to back-port a fix to
> > previous versions and issue a notice of some kind.
>
> They already do issue notices --- see VACUUM.
>
> A real fix (eg the forcible stop we were talking about earlier) will not
> be reasonable to back-port.

Not to be rude, but if backporting is not an option, why do we not just
focus on the job of getting autovacuum into 8.1, and not have to think
about how a patch that will warn users will work?

Regards

Russell Smith