Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fujitsu using Website PG Logo? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fujitsu using Website PG Logo?
Date
List pgsql-www
Jeff Seiden wrote:

> If the use of the "new logo" is for Fujitsu to reference the PostgreSQL community
> on their site and link visitors to the community site, then I think it's a
> positive use and if endorsed by the community we'd likely do the same.
>
> However, if the intent is to use the "new logo" generally for the Fujitsu site
> and commercial offerings around PostgreSQL, then there's a real opportunity
> for confusion and it may imply a community association with Fujitsu that's
> unintended.
>
> It wasn't clear to me from Josh's question what Fujitsu's planned use of
> the "new logo" is.

Uh, they're selling our software.  There is an association.   If they
are trying to pretend they are the community web site, well, that would
be almost impossible to imagine.

I have no problem with them using our logos.