BUG #1472: Win-Installation failed due to missing access-rights - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joachim Schuette
Subject BUG #1472: Win-Installation failed due to missing access-rights
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1472
Logged by:          Joachim Schuette
Email address:      drjoschue@web.de
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   Win2k
Details:

I ran the installation under a non-admin account and always it terminated
with "Failed to set permissions on the installed files...". The reason is,
the installation process sets the deny-column (Properties in Win-Explorer)
for permission in the subfolder \8.0, even when I set the access-rights for
that folder to non-changing-right before starting the installation. The
effect is similar to closing a door while wanting to go through.
Whether this behaviour is due to a message following the window for setting
up the database cluster, i.e., "failed to open local computer policy...", I
can not resolve.
Do you have any hints for a work around or is this a real bug? If necessary,
I can send you a protocol showing all the windows during installation.