Re: [HACKERS] WAL: O_DIRECT and multipage-writer (+ memory leak) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WAL: O_DIRECT and multipage-writer (+ memory leak)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] WAL: O_DIRECT and multipage-writer (+ memory leak)  (Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] WAL: O_DIRECT and multipage-writer (+ memory  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Hello everyone.

I fixed two bugs in the patch that I sent before.
Check and test new one, please.

1. Fix update timing of Write->curridx. (pointed by Tom)
     Change to update it soon after write().

2. Fix buffer alignment routine on 64bit cpu. (pointed by Mark)
     I checked it on Xeon EM64T and it worked properly, but I don't have IA64...

BTW, I found memory leak in BootStrapXLOG(). The buffer allocated by malloc()
is not free()ed. ISSUE_BOOTSTRAP_MEMORYLEAK in this patch points out it.
(But this leak is not serious, because this function is called only once.)

ITAGAKI Takahiro

Attachment