Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> writes:
> > i have two suggestions.  first, look at the rest of the current source file,
> > in case there are other fixes.
>
> Right, I already grabbed the latest.
>
> > second, track changes this source file during
> > your release engineering process for each new pgsql version.
>
> Bruce, do you think this is worth adding to RELEASE_CHANGES?
> inet_net_ntop.c and inet_net_pton.c are both extracted from the BIND
> distribution.  But they're hardly the only files we took from elsewhere.

Yes, I do.  Most of the stuff we pull from other OS projects has
clearly-defined behavior, while inet/cidr seem to be still in flux a
little.

Added to release checklist:
* Update inet/cidr data types with newest Bind patches

Pennsylvania19073