Re: PostgreSQL replication on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL replication on Windows
Date
List pgsql-ports
On Sunday 23 January 2005 08:41, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when xzilla@users.sourceforge.net
(Robert Treat) wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 January 2005 06:14, Harm van der Ploeg wrote:
> >> Are there any replication solutions that have been tested on
> >> Windows. The options listed on the PostgreSQL site all require
> >> Linux/Unix or are only available as source. I am not able to
> >> compile these sources.
> >
> > I think all of the open source ones require *nix, although I think
> > you could set up slony on a central machine and use it to replicate
> > remote windows servers if you wanted.
>
> For Slony-I to function, for instance, requires having some triggers
> implemented in C which would therefore have to be compiled on Windows.

Christopher, you know the code far better than I, but I don't think there is
anything too crazy in the C triggers in slony that would make it difficult to
compile on Windows (relative to other C functions anyways), do you ?

--
Robert Treat